NYFW Cocktail Party With Fashion Designer Lie Sangbong Fall/Winter 2015
After running into Cara Delevingne at a New York Fashion Week after party last season, I can fully attest that the after parties are where it's at. But now I'm here to tell you about the fabulousness of a pre-Fashion Week cocktail party. I did not even know such a thing existed until I received an invitation from Mr. Lie himself (okay fine, his PR team) to an intimate cocktail party being thrown at the Lie Sangbong New York flagship boutique. Apparently there is a whole slew of pre-parties I've never known about and this is my attempt at bringing you into the action.
I brought my fashion blogger friend, Eliana Sherman of Eishes Style, as my plus one so I was lucky to have someone help me document the night.
There was networking, cocktails, macarons, and lots of vocal admiration of Lie Sangbong's designs. The party took place at his new flagship store, which was an absolutely beautiful space made up of three rooms. My friend and I walked in and immediately noticed the gorgeous flooring which was created using the tiles that made up the runway at his fashion show last season (shown below). The front two rooms were lined with racks of clothing, each piece evenly spaced from the next, and the last room was designed like an art gallery, white walls, bright lights, and modern art displayed on the walls.
But most of all, there were well dressed people... which brings me to the real topic of conversation in this blog post:
What in the world do you wear to a Fashion Week party?
Here's the rule about fashion during Fashion Week: anything goes. I swear it. As long as you own what you are wearing, you could throw on a wedding veil with culottes and no one would look twice, except maybe the photographer running after you.
If your fashion sense is not that progressive; however, and you're like me and want to simply fit in while standing out, here's what I'll suggest.
- Wear all black (or all white). Simple, sexy, and options are limitless.
- Opt for the greatest, most wonderful pair of heels you own. Let your shoes be your statement maker.
- Stack on the arm parties. Overload on the rings. This season is all about the choker, so get on that!
- Your coat is crucial. Leave that puffer coat at home and throw your most chic pea-coat over your shoulders. Yea, it's cold. Deal with it. It will instantly enhance your look.
- Grab a colorful or unique clutch to bring your outfit together.
- Lastly and perhaps the most important step, get a manicure, style your hair, and slap on some vibrant colored lipstick. At the end of the day, it's all about looking polished and the right beauty prep is sure to do the trick.
Believe or not, I was actually following my guidelines yesterday morning until I did a last minute shopping dash to Zara and found the chiffon layered top I ended up wearing.
I'll be covering fashion shows all week on L&L, starting with Tadashi Shoji today, so make sure to come back and visit! Follow me on Instagram and Twitter to stay up to date with live updates on my 2015 NYFW experience!
White Layered Top: Zara
Black Leather Jacket: Zara
Black Skirt: H&M
Bracelets: Urban Outfitters and Nordstrom
Pink Box Clutch: Zara
Pearl Back Headband: Zara
Black Buckle Booties: Forever 21