Lulus Ruffle Sleeve Dress // The Best And Worst Fads of 2017
Thank you for the fab dress, Lulus! So happy that ruffles are having a moment because I’m obsessed. I’m actually crazy about a bunch of popular styles right now, namely statement sleeves, fringe jeans, and Gucci everything. Fads spread so quickly these days with fashion bloggers adopting and posting the styles immediately. There’s also a lot of trend turnover, but it’s so fun scrolling through my Instagram feed and seeing so many different ways to wear the same pieces. Some fads just don’t speak to me though, so (even though it’s only May), here’s my list of the best and worst fads of 2017.
- Ruffles - They’re so pretty and feminine and I especially love ruffle details on sleeves, shirts, and hems.
- Unicorn everything - Would love to own a unicorn bag, but it’s definitely not an investment piece since it may just go out tomorrow. Exhibit A: The Unicorn Latte by Starbucks (ew)
- Fishnet tights under sweatshirt dresses - When done right, this is one of my absolute favorite looks. Here’s hoping the fad will still be around next winter.
- Octagon sunglasses - Such a fun shape!
- Furry slides - Work appropriate slippers. Yes, please!
- Pearls - Such a pretty detail on skirts, pants, and shoes.
- Puffer coats worn hanging off your shoulders - I get that fashion does not always accommodate for the winter, but what is the point of wearing a massive coat only to pull it down over your shoulders? If you’re confused what I’m talking about, see an example here.
- Running sneakers with girly dresses - It’s just a personal preference. I’m all for a pair of cute white sneakers with a slip dress, but not at all into actual running shoes with anything other than workout clothes.
- Picnic basket purses - I’m slightly exaggerating, but I’m on the fence about bags that look like big wicker baskets.
- Corset belts - Tricky to wear. I’ve seen them worn very well and I’ve seen them worn ridiculously. I’m staying away for now.
- Culottes - These do not work for short people.
- Sock boots - Maybe one day, but definitely not anytime soon.
Navy Ruffle Sleeve Dress: Lulus (c/o)
Black Studded Sandals: Ivanka Trump (c/o)