All Black Look // What To Do When You Have Nothing To Wear
We all experience it at one point, some more than others, the feeling that you have literally nothing to wear. Everything you own has either been overworn or just no longer appeals to your ever changing style. It’s hard to keep up with the trends and you can’t figure out even one more way to switch up your denim since you’ve already mixed it with every tee-shirt, sweater, and jacket you’ve ever bought. Sometimes coming up with new outfit ideas is all about going back to the basics and learning how to reinvent them.
What To Do When You Have Nothing To Wear:
- Pull out your most versatile basics: plain tees, jeans, cardigans. The simpler, the better. Then focus on the accessories. Layer some necklaces or throw on your favorite arm party. Your “boring” outfit just got a makeover.
- Wear all black. I always feel good in monochrome, especially when it’s all black.
- Switch up your shoes. Throw on heels with a basic jeans and tee look or do what I do and mix leopard booties with absolutely everything.
- Wear your button down backwards. Most likely, you already have one and you’ll be completely up to date with the trends.
- Give the Canadian tuxedo a try. Denim on denim is a serious cool girl look.
- Wear your slip as a dress. This looks especially adorable when you pair it with an extra long cardigan and booties.
- Get some iron-on patches and go crazy. Another fun DIY project you can do is replace old buttons with really awesome vintage ones.